Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Top 5 Worst College Mascots

There are a lot of absolutely ridiculous college mascots/nicknames out there. Ask me any college and I can guarantee I can tell you the nickname, but some are just plain stupid. Here are my top 5 most absurdly, unnecessary nicknames.

5. University of Delaware Blue Hens
I mean come on now. It took me at least 15 years to even realize that a hen was a type of chicken. I always thought a hen was just another animal just chilling on a farm. Nope it's a female chicken. Then, Delaware goes off and lay this whole "blue hen" crap on me. It's just too much to handle.



4. Georgetown University Hoyas
What the heck is a Hoya someone please tell me? I'm putting them on here because going to GW, it is my duty to hate them. They are smart kids but I guarantee if I walked 10 blocks to their campus and asked random students what a Hoya, they would have no idea. They'd probably say it's their logo. You know that dog that looks not the least bit intimidating. 


3. University of California-Santa Cruz Banana Slugs
Nothing more intimidating than a slug right? WRONG. Put the word banana in front of it and you just sound ridiculous. But "Sammy the Slug" represents Santa Cruz. I just don't see how the 2 words go together at all. They clearly have nothing to do with bananas and there is nothing more gross than going out after a rainstorm and seeing slugs just taking over the sidewalk. Would've been my first choice for a school name without question.


2. University of California-Irvine Anteaters
Staying in the state of California, UC Irvine calls themselves the Anteaters. I literally thought those things were extinct. I even have a hard time believing that those things are real or how those things even came to be. It looks like a rejected elephant or something that's too small to be in the elephant herd, so it resorts to chilling and eating ants. Can't take it seriously at all.



1. Saint Louis University Billikens
You mine as well have nicknamed this school Jigglypuff because it looks like that old Pokemon character. Am I the only person who finds this mascot a little bit scary looking? If you ever were to encounter something like this, you wouldn't trust it. It just has a look like it's up to no good. Maybe intimidating but because it's called a Billiken just completely ruins it.



No comments:

Post a Comment