Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Lost Art of the Hashtag


Everyday I go onto Twitter, every 2 minutes actually and I see hashtags everywhere. Ladies and gentlemen, use the pound sign correctly for the love of god. I've seen things hashtagged that I can't even read. If it takes me more than 5 seconds to read the hash then clearly it shouldn't be tagged. I can't tell you the amount of time I have wasted trying to make out what a hashtag says. I feel one of the main rules of a hashtag should be that it should be limited to 1 or 2 words tops! It shouldn't be #wowthegirlisohotijustcanttakeitanymore. Those types of hashtags give me an absolute headache. I'm not a huge fan of getting trending topics going. I mean heres how I look at it, why should I hashtag something when I myself only have 103 followers? Nobody cares about my topics so a hashtag is used rarely in one of my tweets.

Fellow tweeters, let's not abuse or pound the daylights out of the meaning of the hashtag. (no pun intended)


EXHIBIT A:


#icantwaitforthese3weekstobeover







No comments:

Post a Comment