Monday, March 26, 2012

The Age Old Question..What Sport Requires the Most Athletic Ability?

This is without question the number 1 argument that occurs at a house party, bar, car ride wherever. Somebody has a few beers they begin to feel bold enough to spark the debate. Of course the arguing parties have played all sports and naturally they all think theirs is the one that requires the most athleticism. So I'm here to give you my top 3 sports that require the most athleticism. I've had this argument a lot and no I have not had any beers nor am I blogging from a car. I simply think I need to get this out there and let all you hooligans duke it out.

3. Soccer: the amount of endurance that you have to have to play this sport is unreal. I don't care what anybody says about it being a sport for softies because truthfully it's not. Yeah there is flopping, yeah there is a whole lot of stuff that goes on during a game that makes them look like pansies but the speed and endurance these players possess is unreal. You try running for 90 minutes and keeping your composure. Yeah I was able to run all day but the composure thing, well not so much. But to this day I didn't make any contact with the ref and I hope you all know that. Still haunts me everyday. Regardless, soccer number 3.




2. Football: Speed, footwork, this sport has it all. You try catching a pass over the middle all while trying to avoid getting hit by a 250 lb linebacker. I can't do it. I play backyard football and my routes consist of out-routes to the sideline and that's about it. "Oh wait but they're just big fat old linemen!" Wait can you move you feet as good as they can? Can you back peddle with your feet all while blocking a 300 pound rushing lineman coming at you? Yeah, you can't. Could you stand in a pocket avoiding players diving at your knees and complete a pass all at the same time? Yeah you may think you can when you slip off to dream land or when you're watching a game, but you can't. Chances are you'd run scared. 






1. Hockey: Not a shock here for anybody who knows me. Skating and being able to pass or shoot a puck is hands down the hardest thing to do, besides hitting a baseball. I'm not talking about high school hockey or college hockey where it is just controlled by certain states and schools, I'm talking the NHL. Bring Zdeno Chara or Shea Weber, yeah don't mess with them. Skating backwards is possibly one of the hardest things to do and of course, it's become 2nd nature to these guys. Plus it's legal to fight in hockey. Who doesn't love a good brouhaha?













No comments:

Post a Comment