Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Week 1 Reactions

So week 1 in the 2012 NFL season is in the books and here is all I have to say: the Patriots are going to yet another Super Bowl. I mean is there a team that even comes close to rivaling them at all? Yeah, we saw the Baltimore Ravens run a "fast-paced" offense and put up 44 points against a sub-par Bengal squad, but the Ravens are notorious for choking games away and frankly, they don't scare me at all.

(Exhibit A)



Another thing that I'd like to bring to your attention is the absolute just flat out adorableness of Jets fans. How cute is it that they think Mark Sanchez is good all of a sudden? How adorable is it that they think they found the next Randy Moss in Stephen Hill? I mean for gosh sakes, based on how Twitter looked that Sunday you would think the Jets had just won their first Super Bowl since 1969. Listen, when they face off against the Steelers this Sunday all this hype will be put to bed. Sanchez will go back to his baby ways and the Tebow chants will start by week 5 still. And by the way, they say Rex Ryan lost weight, yeah he is still fat. End of story.


(They felt the aftershocks of that one in Canada...)



As for the Giants, I'm still angry and shocked at what happened in February so I'm going to keep this brief...they're going to be the same old Giants. They will go 8-8 and somehow miraculously make it to the playoffs. They'll lose games and get blown out but still manage to be good. I don't get them. I really don't. I'm so sick of them. I honestly think I throw a better ball than Eli Manning but that guy just has more luck on his side than any other quarterback in history. I feel like he's never been injured and has had to overcome no obstacles. All he does is throw off his back foot and hopes that his defense sacks the opposing quarterback 5 times. That's how the Giants win games. That's all. It's not coaching. It's just pure luck. Luck, luck and luck.


What month does Coughlin get threatened with his job for a 20th year in a row?




As for the rest of the league, nobody looks overly impressive. Maybe Peyton and the Broncos, possibly, but Manning can't beat Brady in the playoffs. Oh and remember this is going to be Peyton's first year outside of that stupid living room that he played in Indy so when the cold weather starts in Denver, let's see how he does. If his playoff games playing in New England are any indication of what's to come, Denver is looking at 7-9. Oh and Cam Newton isn't good.



No comments:

Post a Comment